By DAVID MELSON ~ email@example.com
A woman told police a man came from behind a trash bin and pointed a revolver at them Friday afternoon on North Main Street in the shopping center near Hibbett Sports.
The woman said she heard groaning, and another woman joined her to seek the source.
Suddenly the man appeared and asked one of the women, “Are you here to shoot me?” After the gun was pointed the victim ran inside a nearby business, Officer Benjamin Cobb’s report said.
The suspect was described as a tall and white with tattoos on his right arm.
A resident of Shelbyville Inn, North Cannon Boulevard, was charged Friday with making eight false calls to police.
Kathryn Renee Raulerson, 45, allegedly claimed in most of the calls, made since early November, that women were screaming for help. She posted $1,000 bond.
A man caught a second time allegedly hunting without a license off Comstock Road was charged with aggravated criminal trespassing Sunday morning, a Bedford County Sheriff’s Office report said.
Jamie Ross Boyce III, 26, of Thompson Lane had been told not to return to the property after a previous similar allegation, Deputy Brandon Jarrell’s report said. Boyce posted $3,000 bond.
- Meth was found in a vehicle during a traffic stop on North Hillcrest Drive Saturday night, police said.
Officer Dylan Farrar found the substance in a pocket of a jacket belonging to James Andrew Baugher, 56, of L. Fisher Road, police said.
Baugher allegedly threw a glass pipe containing meth to the ground in an attempt to destroy it, Officer Jonathan Evans’ report said.
Charges of possession of a schedule 2 drug and paraphernalia, tampering with evidence, driving on a revoked license, financial responsibility (no vehicle insurance), and violation of the vehicle light law were filed.
Baugher was jailed on $20,000 bond.
- Marijuana was found inside a vehicle driven by a man who had been involved in a wreck moments earlier on Deery Street, police said.
Jose Refugio Mondragon Ramirez, 22, of Carter Street allegedly had a quart-size bag of marijuana in his vehicle. He was charged with possession of a schedule 6 drug and paraphernalia, driving on a suspended license and violation of probation. He was jailed on $10,000 bond.
- Possession of small amounts of marijuana is still illegal in Tennessee, a woman found out the hard way Saturday.
Angela Oliver was cited for simple possession after a neighbor at her Sunlite Road apartment complex smelled marijuana and notified police. Oliver handed Officer Josh Graves a bag containing 5 grams of marijuana and allegedly told him she thought that small an amount was legal.
A Ruger Security 9 firearm was stolen from a vehicle in the parking lot of We The People Tattoos, North Main Street, during the day Saturday, police said.
The owner told police his truck had been locked.
The following were charged since Thursday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Jeffrey L. Bailey, 32, Tullahoma; unlawful possession of a weapon, violation of order of protection; held, $3,000 bond
- Margaret Lucille Bain, 57, Elm Street; aggravated burglary, theft of property; held, $8,000 bond
- Crystal Gaynell Barker, 42, Temple Ford Lane; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, light law; released, no bond
- James Andrew Baugher, 56, L. Fisher Road; driving on revoked license, financial responsibility, light law, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 2 drug, tampering with or fabricating evidence; held, $20,000 bond
- William Adam Bennett III, 24, Railroad Avenue; driving on revoked license. registration law; released, $5,000 bond
- Jamie Ross Boyce III, 26, Thompson Lane; aggravated criminal trespassing; released, $3,000 bond
- Bonnie Joe Brown, 36, Rabbit Branch Road; resist stop/frisk/halt/search; held, $2,000 bond
- Matthew Cameron Childs, 46, Moody Street; violation of probation; released, no bond
- Brandon Isaiah Freeland, 25, Haskins Chapel Road; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
- Josafat Noriega Garcia, 46. East Cedar Street; DUI, failure to maintain lane, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, no proof of insurance, open container; released, $4,000 bond
- Ronald Alejandro Garcia Garcia, 43, Shelbyville Mills Road; no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, registration law; released, no bond
- Esdras Perez Godinez, 23, Bridlewood Drive; DUI, improper display of registration, manufacturing/delivering/selling controlled substance, window tinting; released, $6,000 bond
- Matthew Hill, 39, Ligon Drive; truancy; released, no bond
- Jeanette Kay Jerkins, 40, Jack Pickle Lane; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
- Justin Patrick Jolliffe, 37, no fixed address, Shelbyville; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
- Taylor Michelle Ledbetter, 20, Frank Martin Road; possession of schedule II drug, violation of probation; held, $14,000 bond
- Justin Ray Lee, 40, Normandy-Tullahoma Road; domestic assault, violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
- Tony Allen Lee, 34, Normandy-Tullahoma Road; bench warrant, failure to appear, manufacturing/delivering/selling controlled substance; held, $11,500 bond
- Tommy Joe Lemons, 52, Normandy Road; assault, violation of order of protection; released, no bond
- Benjamin Alan Liles, 26, Murfreesboro; DUI, speeding; released, $1,500 bond
- Margarito Lopez, 35, address not available, Shelbyville; driver to exercise due care, driving on restricted license, DUI; held, $6,000 bond
- Carlos Blanco Martinez, 21, Industrial Parkway; driving on revoked license, light law, no proof of insurance; released, $1,000 bond
- Desiree Dean Mears, 34, Woodbury; failure to appear; released, no bond
- Estafan Joel Medina Perez, 26, Lebanon; assault, domestic assault; held, $20,000 bond
- Jose Refugio Mondragon Ramirez, 22, Carter Street; driving on suspended license, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 6 drug, violation of probation; held, $10,000 bond
- Philip Montgomery, 26, Belfast; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $2,000 bond
- Taylor Davis Mooneyham, 30, Perfection Drive; possession of schedule 2 drug; released, $2,000 bond
- Kirstin Lyndsy Mooningham, 32, Savage Hollow Road; truancy; released, no bond
- Jackson Trevor Nelson, 28, Germantown Road; DUI; released, $3,000 bond
- Roy Anthony Pickett, 62, Maple Street; failure to appear; held, no bond listed
- Oscar Nathaniel Prickett Jr., 50, Candy Lane; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility, running stop sign; held, $4,000 bond
- Pablo Quinero, 49, Nashville; financian responsibility, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, speeding; released, $1,200 bond
- Mateo Ramirez, 21, Deery Street; driving on suspended license, failure to yield; released, $500 bond
- Kathryn Renee Raulerson, 45, North Cannon Boulevard; filing false report; released, $1,000 bond
- Charles Michael Reed, 53, Warners Bridge Road; attachment, failure to appear; held, $1,000 bond
- Ricky William Rutledge, 38, no fixed address, Shelbyville; criminal trespassing; held, $2,000 bond
- Joseph T. Singleton, 53, Bates Street; harassment; citation issued
- Gary Franzell Smith Jr., 41, Carney Street; DUI, failure to appear, financial responsibility, open container, seat belt law, simple possession; released, no bond
- William Tyler Smith, 34, Hazelnut Lane, Unionville; bench warrant, failure to appear; held, no bond
- James Cole Street, 19, Chapel Hill; immediate notice of accident, leaving scene of accident, running red light/stop sign; released, no bond
- Billy Joe Wright, 33, Tara Drive, Rover; driving on suspended license, firearm use in association with dangerous felony, no proof of insurance, seat belt law, window tinting; released, $6,500 bond
- Karen Josefina Zaragoza, 31, Davis Street; driving on suspended license, registration law; released, no bond
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here