A drug suspect told Shelbyville police he “snorts meth in the morning for energy and smokes pot at night to sleep.”
Timothy Mallard was being treated Tuesday at Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital when he allegedly told nurses he had methamphetamine in his clothing.
Officers Jeremiah Guinn and Dylan Farrar found small bags of methamphetamine and marijuana in Mallard’s clothing and wallet, Guinn’s report said.
Police said they had contact with Mallard earlier Tuesday at an East Depot Street home after a report that he was suffering hallucinations.
Mallard was issued a criminal summons for simple possession of schedule 2 and 6 drugs and paraphernalia.
•Seferino Molino was charged with possession of a schedule 6 drug Tuesday.
Officer Jon Evans said in a report he found a bag containing 8 grams of marijuana under the driver’s seat of Molino’s car after a traffic stop due to a non-functioning headlight.
•A small bag of methamphetamine was found by a clerk Tuesday afternoon at Serv-N-Go Market on Union Street.
•A hedge trimmer is missing from a shed at a Palmetto Road home after the resident reported an intruder around 1 a.m, Wednesday.
The victim told a Bedford County deputy he was awakened by the sound of an exterior door being opened and saw a man he didn’t recognize in a bedroom. A yell by the victim sent the suspect running out the door and into the dark.
•A 2004 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck owned by Hawkins Asphalt Paving, Squire Hall Road, was stolen from company property last weekend, the BCSO was told.
A man who had just been dismissed was listed as a suspect.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol has announced a sobriety checkpoint for Highway 64 East, a little over a half-mile past the 15-mile marker, for 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19.
Checkpoints must be publicized in advance per federal law.
The following were arrested since Thursday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Christopher A. Barnes, 36, Happy Valley Road, Bell Buckle; domestic assault; held, $4500 bond
- Juan Antonio Brizuela, 19, S Cannon Boulevard; speeding, no driver’s license; released, no bond
- Ashley Nacole Burdick, 33, Glen Oak Drive; theft involving merchandise (three counts), criminal trespassing; released, $4500 bond
- Juana Castro, 23, King Arthur Court; no driver's license; released, $500 bond
- Renee Jennifer Farrell, 40, Maple Hill Road; possession of schedule 6 drug, open container, speeding; released, no bond
- Sonya Marie Leverette, 38, Martha Street; driving on a revoked license; released, $500 bond
- Stephen Henry Lovett, 41, Southwood Lane; evading arrest by foot; held, $2500 bond
- Charles C. Mathis, 38, Thompson Station; theft of property over $2500; held, $2500 bond
- Amanda Lynn Mitchell, 53, Birch Street; DUI (second offense), driving without a seatbelt; released, $4500 bond
- Noel Marie Overstreet, 37, Warren Hollow, Fayetteville; possession of schedule 6 drug, revoked probation, failure to appear; held, $2500 bond
- Patricia Diane Perryman, 47, Unionville Deason Road; probation revoked; released, $500 bond
- Samuel Robert Whitehead, 38, Highway 82E, Bell Buckle; resisting and evading arrest by foot, failure to appear; held, $2200 bond
- Bailey Ann Dorff, 22, Murfreesboro; possession of drug paraphernalia, texting while driving, not wearing a seatbelt; released, no bond
- Stacey Louise Dudeck, 44, Barksdale Lane; possession of drug paraphernalia; released, no bond
- Freddy Estuard Juarez-Perez, 31, Edgemont Drive; probation revocation; released, no bond
- Michael Love Madden, 40, Cliffside Avenue; possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent; held, no bond
- Sienna Rose Marcle, 23, Hickory Drive; forgery, possession of stolen property, probation revocation; held, $7500 bond
- Tyler Scott Petty, 25, homeless; violation of order of protection; held, $2500 bond
- Samantha Rae Prince, 33, Maplewood Drive; violation of probation; released, no bond
- James E. Raney, 42, Deerpoint Road, Unionville; DUI (second offense), domestic assault; held, no bond
- Kayla Patrice Stevens, 28, Wartrace Pike; speeding, driving on a revoked license; released, no bond
- Clint Avery Street, 48, Hilltop Road; probation revocation; released, no bond
- Vondrael Larando Stroble, 34, Barksdale Lane; violation of a no contact order; released, $500 bond
- Savannah Sugg, 26, Murfreesboro; DUI; released, $1500 bond
- Joseph E. Weidlich, 19, Happy Valley, Bell Buckle; DUI, reckless driving, no seat belt; held, $2000 bond
- Juan Porfirio Giovani Andres, 24, Butler Street; speeding, no driver’s license; summons issued
- Michael Seth Colbert, 41, Barksdale Lane; failure to appear; released, $1,000 bond
- Eliza Kay Harrell, 22, Barksdale Lane; DUI, evading arrest by motor vehicle, open container; released, $4,000 bond
- Jacob Aaron Mundy, 26, homeless, Shelbyville; show cause; held, no bond
- Ricardo Mut, 18, Franklin; driving on suspended license; summons issued
- Lopez Ramon, 23, Belmont, Ohio; no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, failure to yield; summons issued
- Rafael Rodriguez, 26, Nashville; light law, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, registration law; summons issued