Darkly tinted windows resulted in a traffic stop where cocaine and marijuana were confiscated Thursday from a driver on East Depot Street, Shelbyville police said.
Officer Ramon Castillo said he could smell marijuana inside a car driven by Brandon Mitchell, 39, of Woodbury Street. S
mall bags containing 2 grams of marijuana and 0.5 grams of cocaine were found in Mitchell’s clothing, according to Castillo.
Mitchell was driving on a suspended license and his car’s windows were tinted beyond state-allowed limits, the report said.
He was charged accordingly and released with no bond set.
Several thefts were reported across Bedford County this week.
- Money and a debit card were taken as a Jeep at a Midland Road home was being cleaned Wednesday of last week by a Manchester-based mobile detailing service, a sheriff’s office report said. Approximately $250 from the Jeep’s glove box, $500 from a wallet and a debit card are missing. The debit card was used for approximately $300 worth of transactions at gas stations in Manchester and McMinnville, the report said.
- Several appliances and other items were taken from a Temple Ford Road home, a deputy was told Sunday. A recent tenant was named as a suspect.
- An impact wrench and $50 were stolen from a vehicle at a Holt Avenue home Saturday. A man seen in the vehicle by an employee of the owner denied the theft.
- The license plate was stolen since October from a truck at Deason Self Storage, U.S. 231 North.
A Ford pickup stolen from Belmont Avenue in Shelbyville on Monday, Jan. 10 was recovered Saturday of last week at a farm on Bottle Hollow Road.
The property owner said she saw the truck earlier in the week, then notified law enforcement after noticing it had been moved and returned.
- An Amazon driver told a deputy he was blocked in a driveway off Highway 82 South by a man with a rifle Saturday.
The driver was attempting to reach a home on Himesville Road and following GPS (Global Positioning System) instructions. As his manager contacted him and ordered him not to use the driveway incorrectly defined as a road by the GPS, the property owner blocked the truck with his vehicle then walked to his home approximately 100 yards away.
A rifle was visible as the property owner occasionally looked out from his garage while awaiting a deputy’s arrival, the report said. The property owner told the deputy he’s tired of Amazon delivery drivers repeatedly being led up his driveway by GPS units and has complained many times.
A Bedford County judicial commissioner has told him he must detain drivers in order to charge them with trespassing, the report said. The deputy did not see a rifle.
- A Green Acres Road resident who accidentally struck a truck partially blocking his driveway was threatened by an armed man, he told a deputy Saturday. The victim said he was attempting to reach his home. The driver of the truck, pulling a car hauler trailer and delivering vehicles to a junkyard next door, allegedly began cursing and “waving” a pistol.
The following were charged since Thursday, Jan. 13 by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Justin Dakita Boyce, 24, Kingwood Avenue; violation of probation; released on recognizance
- Ricky Reshard Chambers, 31, Murfreesboro; DUI; released, $3,000 bond
- Vilger Abigail Chanchavac, 18, Hickory Drive; no driver’s license, financial responsibility, improper turn; summons issued
- Edgar Perez Cinto, 25, Archery Lane; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
- Timothy Edward Cook, 45, Tate Avenue; probation revocation; released on recognizance
- Katherine Lee Cooper, 31, Lafayette Street; no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, financial responsibility, registration law; summons issued
- Cori Lebon Crawford, 28, Tanner Circle; domestic assault; released, $1,500 bond
- Bobby Dwayne Elkins, 56, Belfast; contempt of court, harassment; released, $1,000 bond
- Jamie Lee Flora, 45, East Depot Street; violation of probation; released, $1,500 bond
- Raymond Lee Glenn, 29, Manchester; probation revocation; released on recognizance
- Juan Lopez Gonzalez, 49, Myers Street; no driver’s license/released on recognizance
- Anthony Michael Hernandez, 32, Blue Ribbon Parkway; DUI, open container; released, $3,000 bond
- Michael Glenn Hernandez, 24, Franklin; failure to appear; released, $2,000 bond
- Dacota Kane Hunt, 25, Estill Springs; DUI, registration violation, open container, no driver’s license; released, $2,000 bond
- Miguel Jacinto Renteria, 41, Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico; no driver’s license, speeding; released, $1,000 bond
- James McKinley Jett, 49, Peacock Lane; show cause; held, $1,500 bond
- Benjamin Andrew King, 28, Madison, Alabama; speeding, driving on suspended license; released, $250 bond
- Michael Charles Leverette, 28, Tullahoma; bondsman surrender; held, $45,000 bond
- Akheem Lewis, 31, Germantown Road; no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, speeding; summons issued
- Kasey Nicole Maddox, 31, Cedar Grove Street; probation revocation; released on recognizance
- Keasya Shanise Mayberry, 21, Murfreesboro; speeding, expired driver’s license/ no insurance; summons issued
- Tomi Leigh Meyer, 32, Regent Drive; driving on suspended license, financial responsibility; released, no bond
- Brandon Mitchell, 39, Woodbury Street; driving on suspended license, window tinting, simple possession of schedule II drug, simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, no bond
- Shelby Katherine Moore, 19, Sims Spring Road; dog at large; summons issued
- Irene Morales, 48, Center Street; no driver’s license, running stop sign; summons issued
- Dylan Dakota Pardon, 23, Evans Street; failure to give immediate notice of accident, leaving scene of accident, driving while license cancelled, financial responsibility; released, $4,000 bond
- Victor Parra Gonzalez, 25, Tullahoma; speeding, no driver’s license; released, no bond
- Jesus Jesus Perez, 49, Mac Street; probation revocation; released, $2,500 bond
- Jagat Ramgi Rajput, 39, Lewisburg; light law, no driver’s license; summons issued
- Ephraim Robinson, 41, Shoma Drive; driving on suspended license, speeding; summons issued
- Lisa Sue Robinson, 53, Lewisburg; violation of probation, show cause; released on recognizance
- Gerardo Ruiz Rosales, 34, Murfreesboro; no driver’s license, registration law; released, no bond
- Preston Scott Rumsey, 37, Woodbury; failure to appear; held, no bond
- Byron Franklin Sanchez Anton, 19, no address available, Shelbyville, public intoxication; released, $750 bond
- Ryan Michael Sanders, 21, Main Street, Bell Buckle; possession of drug paraphernalia, conspiracy to distribute schedule II drug; released, $4,000 bond
- Juana Elisa Sebastian, 33, Landers Street; no driver’s license; summons issued
- Chelle Renee Simmons, 33, homeless, Shelbyville; probation revocation; held, $1,500 bond
- Julie Ann Smotherman, 41, Edgemont Drive; domestic assault; released, no bond
- Timmy Lee Sullivan, 50, Burnett Drive, Wartrace; driving on revoked license; summons issued
- Lisa Marie Sutton, 26, Adams Drive; failure to appear; released on recognizance
- Mason West Warner, 21, Temple Ford Lane; aggravated assault, reckless endangerment (two counts); released, $42,500 bond
- David Jason Wilhoite, 39, Bluestocking Hollow Road; violation of probation/show cause, probation revocation, aggravated domestic assault; held, no bond