Enjoy these comfort recipes from the Dairy Alliance. Milk does a body good, so we salute dairy for good health! Enjoy this soothing milk tea any time of day! It’s light with just a hint of sweetness to balance out the spice. Could be served cold as well for those warmer days...
Enjoy these comfort recipes from the Dairy Alliance. Milk does a body good, so we salute dairy for good health!
**Maple Cinnamon Milk Tea
Enjoy this soothing milk tea any time of day! It’s light with just a hint of sweetness to balance out the spice. Could be served cold as well for those warmer days.
• 1 1/2 C. milk
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 3 black tea bags
• 2 C. boiling water
• ground cinnamon
Combine milk and cinnamon sticks in a heavy bottom saucepan, bring to a low simmer and let steep for 5 minutes, discard sticks. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to a boil and add tea bags. Let steep 2-3 minutes, discard bags. Add maple syrup and vanilla to the steeped milk, stir to combine. Add tea to milk mix, stir to combine. Divide evening among mugs, garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve immediately.
**Skillet Butternut Squash Lasagna
You don’t need to spend hours preparing a lasagna when you can whip this delicious one up in under an hour and do it all in one pan! Save more time and buy pre-cut fresh butternut squash when available. Servings: 6
• 2 C. butternut squash cubed
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 C. ricotta cheese
• 1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 Tbsp. prepared pesto sauce
• 1 tsp. garlic minced
• 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
• 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
• 2 1/2 C. marinara sauce divided
• 7-8 no-boil lasagna noodles
• 2 cups packed baby spinach
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
• 8- ounce ball fresh mozzarella sliced
• Fresh basil for garnish
1. Place cut up butternut squash in a shallow microwave safe dish, season with salt and pepper, microwave for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, until just tender. In a large 12-inch oven-safe skillet, such as a cast iron, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sauté squash until browned, about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl combine ricotta, parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and remaining spices. Add sautéed squash to ricotta mixture, stir until well combined. Using the same skillet, turn heat to low, place 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan, distributing evenly. Layer 3 noodles, breaking to fit if needed, on to sauce. Top with half the ricotta and butternut squash mixture, spreading evenly over noodles. Add one cup of spinach leave and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat another layer of sauce, noodles and ricotta mix, ending with remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and place slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on top. Broil on high for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins and brown and bubble. Garish with fresh basil and additional parmesan if desired.
**Peanut Butter Cup Protein Smoothie
Satisfying nutrition doesn’t have to be difficult. Three simple ingredients make this filling smoothie super easy to put together, even on busy weekday mornings!
Servings: 16 oz.
• 1 C. chocolate milk
• 1/2 C. vanilla Greek yogurt
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
• 1 cup ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in blender or container for an immersion blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide evenly between two glasses.
**Mambo Nacho Bowl
• 1 lb. lean ground beef
• 1 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
• 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
• Mango-Cheese Pico de Gallo
• 3 Tbsp. butter
• 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 3 C. whole milk
• 2 C. shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
• 2 tsp. seeded minced jalapeño
• 1 (18 oz.) bag tortilla chips
• Toppings: Jalapeño slices chopped fresh cilantro and shredded Mexican cheese blend
2. Brown the beef with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, prepare the Mango-Cheese Pico de Gallo. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat; whisk in the flour until smooth and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Whisk in the milk, stirring to smooth any lumps. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly, about 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups cheese and minced jalapeño. Portion the chips in bowls; top with cheese sauce, cooked beef, Mango-Cheese Pico de Gallo, shredded cheese and additional toppings.
**Mango-Cheese Pico de Gallo Makes 1 3/4 cup 1 mango, peeled & diced (about 1 cup) 1/2 C. diced fresh pineapple 1/3 C. diced Honey Crisp apple 1 tsp. fresh lime juice 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro 2 Tbsp. crumbled queso fresco
Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here