Two businesses were forcibly entered in the Unionville area early Tuesday, the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office said.
- Approximately $600 was stolen from Nash Family Creamery, U.S. 41A North, during the same period. Security video shows a man wearing a hoody, pants, gloves and a backpack breaking a window and heading straight for a location where money was taken in a burglary approximately six weeks ago.
- Video footage shows the same man throwing a cinder block through a window at the Marathon convenience store on U.S. 41A North in Unionville. Nothing was taken, the report said. An alarm sounded at 3:40 a.m.
Child abuse arrest
The guardian of the 10-year-old girl reported missing from a U.S. 41A South home Sunday has been charged with child abuse. Elizabeth Johns was allowed to leave the jail after being booked. No bond was set. Johns is not the girl’s birth mother. The girl was found at midday Monday hiding under a neighbor’s porch.
Tools and other items were stolen from a Kingston Corner Road over the past money by a woman staying there while the resident was in jail, the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office was told.
The following were charged since Tuesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Judy Sue Arnold, 67, Maple Street; domestic assault; released on recognizance
- Breann Michelle Ballin, 41, Owens Crossroads, Alabama; theft of property (five counts); summons issued
- Anthony Marco Casamassima, 41, Wildwood Drive, Unionville; failure to appear; released on recognizance
- Crystal Dawn Escamilla, 43, Cortner Road; failure to appear; summons issued
- Andy Lee Grogan, 48, White Street; violation of probation, evading arrest by motor vehicle; held, $5,000 bond
- Kenneth David Hurt, 31, Deery Street; aggravated assault; released, $15,000 bond
- Jacquelyn Victoria Johnson, 28, Stonebrook Apartments; violation of probation; released, $3,000 bond
- Jessica Lynn Johnson, 27, Mount Pleasant; failure to appear, bench warrant; released on recognizance
- Melissa Renea Jones, 51, Gant Road; driving on revoked license (second offense), failure to yield, no proof of insurance, registration law; released, $500 bond
- Brittany Nicole Kemp, 23,Murfreesboro; child neglect (two counts); held,$20,000 bond
- Charles William Lane, 27, North Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $3,500 bond
- Lidia Marie Lopez, 31, Lewisburg; violation of probation; bond revoked, held without bond
- Miguel Angel Mateo III, 27, Patricia Drive; resisting arrest, registration to be carried, registration expired; held, $3,000 bond
- Tyler Russell McCrary, 22, Murfreesboro; failure to appear; released, no bond
- John Eric Oglesby, 34, Meadow Drive; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
- Michael Taylor Sanders, 29, Murfreesboro; child endangerment (two counts), possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $20,500 bond
- Napoleon Dwight Scales, 26, no address available; theft of property over $2,500; held, $10,000 bond
- Jacob Alexander Silva, 44, Apache Place; DUI, implied consent, speeding; held, $3,000 bond
- Gary Alexander Smelcer, 36, Greenwood Avenue; interference with emergency calls; held, $1,500 bond
- Shawn Michael Utz, 26, Maple Street; domestic assault, domestic vandalism; held, $6,500 bond