Marijuana found following traffic stop
Marijuana was confiscated from a La Vergne man following a traffic stop Friday night, police said.
Jesse Andrew Garrett, 21, said he had a bag of marijuana in his clothing as Sgt. Charles Merlo was arresting him. Officers found a partially smoked joint in the car's floorboard but no marijuana in Garrett's clothing.
Upon arrival at Bedford County Jail, Garrett told police he "probably" had more marijuana and didn't want to take it inside. Jailers said they found a bag containing approximately 3.78 grams of marijuana in a pants pocket.
Garrett was held on charges of DUI, simple possession of a schedule VI drug, running a stop sign and financial responsibility. He was being held on $3,500 bond Monday.
Crack cocaine was found in the possession of a man who insisted it belonged to someone else early Saturday.
Arriving officers said they discovered Richard Lee Cummings Sr., 47, Maple Street, had left Pop-A-Top, Madison Street, where he had been told to leave, and was hiding behind a nearby building.
Cummings was charged with public intoxication. Officer Jose Garza said he found "a couple of pieces of white rock which were crack cocaine" while searching him at Bedford County Jail, leading to the additional charge of possession of a schedule II drug. He was released on $2,750 bond.
* A laptop computer was taken from a Baker Street home while the occupant was gone "for just a minute" Friday.
* The front license plate bracket was ripped from a vehicle Thursday at Walmart, North Main Street.
The following were arrested since Friday by the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
* Donald Maurice Bailey, 28, Wildwood Drive, Unionville; failure to appear, violation of probation; held, no bond
* Michael Shaun Blackmon, 33, Northcutt Drive; driving on revoked/suspended license (fifth offense); released, $5,000 bond
* Cassie Rose Ann Bowers, 33, Madison Street; failure to appear; held for extradition
* Kayla Dawn Brewer, 21, Cortner Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* Deborah Ann Brown, 38, Davis Street; DUI, leaving scene of accident, implied consent; released, $4,500 bond
* Joshua Lee Brubaker, 24, Hatchett Hollow Road; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* Emily Ann Cook, 19, Idle Drive; public intoxication, drinking age law; released, $500 bond
* Joshua Kyle Craig, 23, Carney Street; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* Richard Lee Cummings Sr., 47, Maple Street; possession of schedule II drug, public intoxication; released, $2,750 bond
* Pamela Joyce Edwards, 53, Shoma Drive; violation of probation, failure to appear; held, $5,000 bond
* Beverly Alice Eley, 44, Lindell Boulevard; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
* Ernest Michael Ervin, 29, Tullahoma; domestic assault, assault; held, $3,500 bond
* Roberto Francisco, 25, Bird Street; no driver's license, vehicle light law; released, $500 bond
* Jacob Luke Garrett, 19, Dickson, drinking age law, public intoxication; held, $1,000 bond
* Jesse Andrew Garrett, 21, La Vergne; DUI, possession of schedule VI drug, running red light/stop sign, financial responsibility; held, $3,500 bond
* Jose Miguel Giro, 44, Nashville; theft of property under $500; released, $1,500 bond
* Christopher Jerome Harris Jr., 33, Shoma Drive; failure to appear, violation of probation; held, no bond
* Jodi Lynn Lara, 44, Enden Avenue; driving on revoked license; released, $250 bond
* Philip Browning Long, 67, Joe Hart Road; driving on suspended license, light law; released, $500 bond
* Brian Lee Lyon, 24, Gowen Drive; driving on revoked license, open container; released, $1,000 bond
* Luis Perez, 33, King Arthur Trailer Court; violation of probation; held, $2,500 bond
* Wayne Richard Plouffe, 41, Troupe Road; driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $1,000 bond
* Kathryn Renee Raulerson, 34, Lynchburg; public intoxication; released, $250 bond
* Alejandro Cruz Rodriguez, 25, Industrial Parkway; no driver's license/exhibited on demand, following too closely, financial responsibility; released, $250 bond
* John Wayne Rowlett, 46, Dye Road; DUI, vehicle light law; released, $1,500 bond
* Tyler Andrew Sons, 19, Petersburg; DUI (second offense), driving on revoked/suspended license, financial responsibility, speeding; released, $4,000 bond
* Michael Ray Stone, 39, Cannon Road; public intoxication, violation of probation; released, $3,500 bond
* Caleb Miles Sudberry, 20, Creekside Lane; DUI, implied consent; released, $2,500 bond
* Tammy Sue Tintle, 44, Methvin Drive; driving on suspended license, vehicle light law; released, $500 bond
* Jeffrey Brandon Utz, 19, Petersburg; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
* DeQuand Antonio Williams, 27, Cedar Grove Street; DUI, driving on revoked/suspended license; released, $1,750 bond