Trash toss results in pot arrests
Trash tossed out an SUV's window led to two occupants of an SUV being arrested on drug charges Tuesday.
Sabrina Elizabeth Rhodes, 24, of Church Street allegedly threw a cigarette butt and paper out the window in sight of Shelbyville Officer Ramon Castillo on U.S. 231 North. Castillo charged Rhodes with littering, smelled marijuana and found a still-burning joint, grinder and pipe in the console, his report said.
Rhodes and the driver, Bryson Jon Danielson, 20, of the Church Street address were each charged with possession of marijuana and parapheralia. Danielson was also charged with criminal impersonation, after allegedly giving three different birth dates and a different first name, and with driving without carrying his driver's license. He was held on $10,000 bond. Rhodes posted $3,000 bond.
*Marijuana was found on a driver stopped for using his cellphone while driving Monday, Shelbyville police said.
Daniel J. Knight allegedly had a bag containing .07 grams of marijuana in his clothing and a marijuana pipe underneath one of the vehicle's seat, Officer Ramon Castillo's report said. Castillo searched the vehicle after smelling marijuana during the traffic stop on Madison Street.
Knight was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and distracted driving.
A suspect allegedly tried to leave Walmart without paying for approximately $77 worth of clothing and grocery items Tuesday.
Sam Davis Patterson was cited for shoplifting instead of arrested, because it was his first arrest, and banned from the store, police said.
A sobriety checkpoint will be held by the Tennessee Highway Patrol at 10 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20 on U.S. 41A North in Unionville. Advance public notice is required by federal law.
The following were charged since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
• Athziri Guadalupe Baez, 19, East Parkway; no driver's license, failure to yield; summons delivered
• Joshua Emanuel Bailey, 29, Jefferson Street; amendment; released on recognizance
• Sarah Lee Bain, 21, Barksdale Lane; violation of probation; released, $100 bond
• Justin Franklin Baker, 36, Old Pencil Mill Road; leaving scene of an accident; released, no bond
• Janet Kay Brown, 71, Railroad Avenue; failure to maintain lane, registration violation, driving on suspended license (second offense); released, $1,000 bond
• Bryson Jon Danielson, 20, Church Street; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal impersonation, no driver's license/exhibited on demand; held, $10,000 bond
• Dixie Marie Floyd, 42, Tullahoma; violation of probation; released on recognizance
• Penny Marie Galindo, 47, Helton Road; introducing contraband into a penal facility; held, $5,000 bond
• Tyler John Larrabee, 22, Barksdale Lane; failure to appear; summons delivered
• Marilyn Diane Lewis, 64, Hart Road; two capises, failure to appear; summons delivered
• Jake Howard Long, 21, Neeley Avene; aggravated domestic assault, interference with emergency calls; held, $3,000 bond
• Carlos Francisco Matias, 42, Cottonwood Drive; light law, no driver's license; released, $1,000 bond
• Rodolfo Molina Mendoza, 19. Cedar Springs Road; underage consumption; summons delivered
• Nathan Paul Miller, 28, Lewisburg; violation of probation, driving on revoked license (seventh offense); held, $5,000 bond
• Sergio Cazares Molina, 37, Hickory Hill Church Road; violation of probation; released on recognizance
• Phillip Blake Moss, 26, Wartrace; violation of probation, interference with emergency calls, domestic assault; released, $3,500 bond
• Michael Queener, 19, Christiana; failure to appear, capias; held, $3,000 bond
• Sabrina Elizabeth Rhodes, 24, Church Street; possession of schedule VI drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, littering; released, $3,000 bond
• Jorge Flores Salinas, 20, Viking Lane; underage consumption, possession of drug paraphernalia; summons delivered
• Melissa Delynn Sanders, 49, Sims Avenue, Wartrace; public intoxication; held, $500 bond
• Charles Bryan Smith, 51, Horseshoe Bend; violation of no contact order; held, $5,000 bond
• James Leslie Smith, 57, U.S. 231 South; DUI, leaving scene of accident, simple possession of schedule VI drug, reckless endangerment, resisting stop/halt/frisk; held, $7,500 bond
• William Michael Smith, 18, Cottonwood Drive; simple possession, possession of drug paraphernalia; released, no bond