Just a short time after Kerry Yavagious Ransom posted bond at Bedford County Jail, he was heading back.
A small bag of marijuana allegedly fell from the clothing of Ransom, 21, of Bates Street as he exited his truck during a traffic stop early Thursday on Madison Street. Ransom denied to Officer Darren Jenkins that he’d dropped the bag.
Ransom was charged with simple possession, driving on a suspended license and a light law violation. He was stopped due to a non-functioning headlight.
Ransom posted $1,500 bond.
- A Lewisburg man arrested on drug and DUI charges allegedly carried a small bag with a “whitepowdersubstance” into Bedford County Jail on Wednesday. The bag fell out of the clothing of Devin Alexander Perez, 22, as he was being searched, a sheriff’s office report said. Perez was charged with DUI, possession of schedule III and VI drugs, refusal to voluntarily allow a blood alcohol test, careless driving, failure to exhibit license and introducing contraband into a penal institution. He posted $13,500 bond.
- A home and three vehicles were entered on Cedar Glade Circle early Friday, police said. A Bible was taken from one vehicle, a bag containing prescription medication and personal documents was stolen from one and a cup containing change was missing from another. Handguns and ammunition were stolen from the home.
- A man wanted by both Shelbyville and Metro Nashville police is asking $100 for the return of a stolen Apple watch, police were told. The suspect met the watch’s owner, a Tate Avenue woman, online last weekend. She brought him to her home for the weekend and toldpolicehe also took but returned her cellphone. He later texted her that he had the watch.
- The steering wheel, tires, oil and stereo are missing from a vehicle at a home on U.S. 41A North, a Bedford County deputy was told Wednesday. A suspect who had recently broken a relationship with the owner was named.
- A propane gas tank was stolen from the back yard of a home in the 800 block of Lower Halls Mill Road, the sheriff’s office was told Friday.
- Police were told $200 was missing from the purse of a guest at a North Main Street motel Thursday. A man who had been staying with the woman was listed as a suspect.
- A tablet was stolen Thursday from Popeye’s, North Main Street. An employee is suspected,policesaid.
- A computer’s hard drive is gone from a South Cannon Boulevard home after a door was found open Thursday. A suspect was named.
- A bicycle was stolen overnight Friday from outside an Oakwood Place home.
James Thomas McCord, 60, of Laws Hill Road was accused of taking a box of dominoes, party bubbles and correction tape from Dollar General Market, North Main Street, on Friday.
He was cited and released. Accident Both drivers were charged in a crash early Christmas morning at the intersection of U.S. 231 North and Whiteside Road.
Luis Enrique Hernandez Redondo, 34, of Nashville was charged with simple possession, driving without a license and having an open container when a “small amount” of marijuana was found in his clothing, police said. He was held on $4,000 bond.
Abel Edwardo Ramirez, 19, of Bridlewood Drive was charged with second offense DUI, underage consumption, driving on a revoked license, violation of probation and failure to appear. He was held on $1,500 bond.
The following were charged since last Wednesday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Darien Lebron Akins, 28, Lane Parkway; no driver’s license; citation issued
- Remington Jett Allison, 38, Deer Point Road; domestic assault; held, $2,500 bond
- Kenneth Eugene Cantrell Jr., 31, Hoover Street; DUI, driving on revoked license, financial responsibility, seat belt law; released, $4,000 bond
- Shirley Mae Cook, 62, Tate Avenue; shoplifting; summons issued
- Timothy Edward Cook, 45, Tate Avenue; shoplifting; summons issued
- Jay Ramsey Estes, 61, Belmont Avenue; public intoxication; released, $500 bond
- Rony Rafael Francisco, 22, Bridlewood Drive; no driver’s license, speeding; released, $750 bond
- Joshua Michael Franklin, 37, Tate Avenue; domestic assault; released, $3,000 bond
- Edgar A. Guzman Moreno, 21, Hilltop Drive; due care, no driver’s license/ exhibited on demand; released, $1,500 bond
- Luis E. Hernandez Redondo, 34, Nashville; no driver’s license, open container, simple possession of schedule VI drug; held, $4,000 bond
- Elijan Matthew Hinojosa, 21, Dover Street; probation revocation; held, $2,500 bond
- Emilee Beth Holton, 19, Maple Street; criminal trespassing; released, $1,000 bond
- Andrew Todd Keith, 25, Winchester; unspecified charges; held, $5,500 bond
- Everaldo Lopez, 20, Railroad Avenue; light law; released, no bond
- Todd Steven Lykken, 53, Jennings Lane; failure to appear, violation of probation; released, $7,500 bond
- Robert Steven Madeo, 50, Spring Street,Wartrace; domestic assault; released, $3,000 bond
- Brandon Alexander Martinez Luna, 19, White Street; DUI under 21 (second offense), implied consent, drinking age law, failure to maintain lane; held, $9,500 bond
- Amanda Lupe Morales Payan, 31, Shelbyview Drive; allowing animals to run at large, cruelty to animals, vaccination certificates; released, no bond
- Ryan Curtis Morton, 31,Beechgrove; violation of order of protection (five counts), failure to disperse firearms (three counts); held, no bond
- Alberto Lozada Nunez, 46, Nashville; public intoxication, failure to appear, bench warrant; held, $10,500 bond
- Devin Alexander Perez, 22, Lewisburg; DUI, possession of schedule III drug, implied consent, due care, possession of schedule VI drug, failure to exhibit license, introducing contraband into penal institution; released, $13,500 bond
- Manuel SabanPicornio, 36, Nashville; DUI; released, $5,000 bond
- Michael Angelo Presbitero, 21, Fayetteville; DUI, reckless driving, speeding; held, $4,500 bond
- Miguel Angel Quezada, 24, homeless, Shelbyville; failure to appear; held, $4,500 bond
- Abel Edwardo Ramirez, 19, Bridlewood Drive; underage consumption, DUI (second offense), driving on revoked license, failure to appear, violation of probation; held, $1,500 bond
- KerryYavagiousRansom, 21, Bates Street; simple possession, driving on suspended license, light law; released, $1,500 bond
- Eddie Doris Ray, 67, East Cedar Street; criminal trespassing; held, $1,500 bond
- Jerry J. Roblero, 44, Hoover Street; two unspecified charges; released, no bond
- Kevin Brian Rodas, 29, Baker Street; resisting arrest, assault on an officer, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, violation of probation; held, $14,000 bond
- Melissa Ann Shelton, 38, Ray Street; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
- Daryl Eugene Skates, 59, Railroad Avenue; driving on suspended license; summons issued
- James Randell Smotherman, 51, Frank Martin Road; unlawful photography; released, $3,000 bond
- Jose Luis Tapia, 38, Bridlewood Drive; public intoxication; released, $2,500 bond
- Christopher Jesse Wilhoite, 47, Couch Lane; public intoxication; released, $2,000 bond
- Brandon Chad Wilson, 23, East Lane Street; failure to appear; held, $5,000 bond