Drugs were confiscated from a vehicle during a traffic stop on Highway 231 North shortly after midnight Tuesday, according to a Shelbyville Police Department report.
Miles Cole Jr. 33, of Burns Road allegedly did not consent to a vehicle search but was told by Officer Jonathan Evans there was probable cause due to a strong marijuana odor.
Lt. Cody King and Evans found a case containing 10.3 grams of a “crystal like substance,” a small bowl with an unspecified amount of the substance, 5 grams of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia containing residue of substances.
Cole was charged with two counts of possession of a schedule 2 drug (methamphetamine) and one count each of driving while in possession of methamphetamine, manufacture/sale/delivery of methamphetamine, possession of a schedule 6 drug (marijuana), driving on a revoked license (due to a DUI conviction) and speeding. He was held on $40,500 bond.
Two tool boxes, around $500 worth of tools and an angle grinder were stolen from a storage unit at a facility on Highway 82 South, a Bedford County Sheriff’s Office report said.
Security video shows a man and woman exiting a maroon Nissan foyr-door pickup around 3 p.m. last Sunday, a deputy was told. The man is seen drilling a hole in one unit, then along with the woman entering the unit and attempting to enter another.
- Two headstones were removed from the cemetery at Church Cross Road and Coop Road between last Saturday and Tuesday, according to a Bedford County Sheriff’s Office report.
Trail camera photos show a man walking in the cemetery Tuesday, the report said.
- Eight Australorp chickens with a total value of $160 were stolen from property in the 2800 block of Unionville-Deason Road, the BCSO was told Tuesday.
The owner said he doesn’t think the chickens were attacked by a wild animal because no feathers were scattered on the ground.
A man trespassed from Kroger, North Main Street, was charged with criminal trespassing after allegedly entering the store Monday.
Sam Wilhoite, who has been listed as homeless, told Officer Jeremiah Guinn he was unaware of being banned. A ban order was issued in March 2022, police said.
Wilhoite was held on $2,000 bond.
The following were arrested since Monday by the Shelbyville Police Department, Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Rebecca Gail Burnett, 37, Blue Ribbon Parkway; DUI, speeding; released, $2,000 bond
- Joel Dean Cagle, 44, Henderson ROad; driving on revoked license, violation of probation; held, $5,000 bond
- Casey D. Campbell, 30, Substation Road, Unionville; driving on suspended license, failure to appear; released on recognizance
- Miles Cole Jr., 33, Burns Road; driving on revoked license, driving while in possession of methamphetamine, manufacturing/delivering/selling controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 2 drug (two counts), possession of schedule 6 drug, speeding; held, $40,500 bond
- Dewaine Derrell Davis, 25, Nashville; statutory rape; held, $100,000 bond
- Greg Morales Gallardo, 19, Murfreesboro; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; released on recognizance
- Felipe Diego Gaspar, 20, Keenan Lane; financial responsibility, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, speeding; released on recognizance
- Cruz Gonzalez Rodriguez, 26, Bethany Lane; light law, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, registration law; released on recognizance
- Marcie Anita Highsmith, 54, Smyrna; violation of probation; held, no bond
- Davonte Alexander James, 23, Green Lane; violation of order of protection; released on recognizance
- Andrew M. Lee, 20, Hartsville; violation of order of protection; released, $2,500 bond
- Kerry D. Lomnick, 62, Chattanooga; violation of probation; held, $1,000 bond
- Rafael Lopez, 55, Detroit, Michigan; failure to yield, no driver’s license/exhibited on demand, running stop sign, registration law; released on recognizance
- Shylee Moran, 25, Cartwright Road; aggravated assault; held, $4,500 bond
- Richard Wayne Newkirk, 65, East Lane Street; fraudulent use of credit/ATM card; released on recognizance
- Cristopher Ildelfonso Quintero, 20, Sims Road; failure to appear, violation of probation; released on recognizance
- Carlos Armando Reyes Serrano, 20, Antioch; failure to appear; released on recognizance
- Brittany Nicole Rohlman, 30, Winchester; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $1,500 bond
- Raymundo Ruiz, 39, Railroad Road; child restraint law, driving on revoked license, light law; released, $1,500 bond
- Maria Teresa Ruiz Najera, 52, Locust Street; no driver’s license/exhibited on demand; released on recognizance
- Jamie Ryan, 31, Mankin Road; domestic assault; released, $2,500 bond
- Jordan Dean Snow, 27, Tullahoma; failure to appear; released on recognizance
- Elmer David Velaz Pasan, 29, Pittsburgh, Pa.; driving on suspended license, speeding; released, $500 bond