Small crowd rallies against racism, KKKApproximately 60 people gathered to stand up for inclusiveness and against racism and the Ku Klux Klan at a rally Saturday on the east lawn of Bedford County Courthouse. Organizer Stephanie Issacs...
COVID-19 up 56% in TennesseeThe number of new cases of COVID-19 in Tennessee is going in the wrong direction — up. Over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday, the state health department reports there were 5,251 new cases. In the...
- Parks director seeks playground update
- We're here
- States in ‘red zone’ up to 26
- Planet Fitness celebrates Shelbyville grand opening
- Chamber ribbon cutting
- Lions Club honor
- Central High criminal justice program thrives under Hobbs (10/17/20)
- COVID-19 resurgence begins in Bedford County (10/17/20)
- Nature’s Health closes after almost 30 years (10/17/20)
- Tire helps police find theft attempt suspect (10/17/20)
- Rockets pull away from Community in 4thUNIONVILLE – The Community Viking defense came up with big plays to throttle the Forrest Rocket offense and keep the score close after three quarters, but the Rockets used three fourth quarter touchdowns to pull away and defeat the Vikings 33-0 in a Region 5-2A contest Friday night...
- Mistakes, penalties unravel Champs' hopes vs. 'Jackets (10/17/20)
- Webb golf battles to 6th place finish in state (10/15/20)
- Viqueens fall in region finals (10/15/20)
- Fast start lands Viqueens in 6-A finals (10/15/20)
- Lady Champs' road ends in 6-A semis (10/15/20)
- Eagles' offense explodes at Cleveland (10/10/20)
- Explosive plays, stellar defense land Cascade's 3rd straight win (10/10/20)
- 'Queens of the court: Viqueens win district title (10/8/20)
Local Quilts of Valor presented (10/17/20)Regina Ann Kincaid Lang, U.S. Air Force 1986-2006, and husband, Kennard W. Lang, U.S. Air Force 1984-2001, were recently honored with Quilts of Valor for their military service. Regina is a Community...
Main & McGrew helps needy with Christmas dinner (10/17/20)Danielle Armbruster and her family are having a great season at The Shops at Main & McGrew 100 South Main St., on the public square. So much so, they’re planning to pay it forward this Christmas....
Local shops, homes, decorated for Halloween (10/17/20)Halloween is a unique day each year when people gather together for parties, parades and of course, trick-or-treating. October 31 is a day that most children eagerly await each year because it means...
Shelbyville Woman’s Club holds fall fashion show (10/17/20)After several months hiatus due to the pandemic, Shelbyville Woman’s Club reconvened at Riverbend Country Club on Wednesday with Jennifer Jordan Thompson emceeing the annual members’ only fall...
Sorghum squeezin' at Halls Mill (10/10/20)The only hitch in this year’s annual Halls Mill Sorghum Squeeze were the ones attached to a mule. Despite the pandemic, the results prove another successful harvest at 225 Paschal Road, according to...
Pastor Appreciation Month (10/10/20)I sure hope you are praying for your pastor. During these trying times your pastor needs your prayers like never before. I know that I sure do. The men and women who are leading the congregations of...
Stop blaming Trump for COVID-19 disaster (10/15/20)To the editor, I, for one am sick of liberals Monday morning quarterbacking on Covid-19. Nobody in the liberal camp wants to look at the timeline of what was known when. We were getting mixed...
Democrats follow in the footsteps of the Do Nothings (10/15/20)To the editor, As the general election draws near the confusion grows deeper. I listen to all the dour faced pundits and doomsayers and have reached a conclusion: the Democrats have absolutely no...
Donald Richard McKamey (10/19/20)Donald Richard McKamey, 73, of Shelbyville died late Saturday evening, October 17, 2020, at Tennova Healthcare-Shelbyville. Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday at Doak-Howell Funeral...
Richard W. ‘Red’ Brannon (10/19/20)Richard Woosman “Red” Brannon, 79, of Flat Creek died early Sunday morning, October 18, 2020, at his home. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Thursday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home with Brother Jim...
Mary Anne McGaugh (10/19/20)Mary Anne McGaugh, 84, died Saturday, October 17, 2020. Graveside service will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at Rosebank Cemetery in Flat Creek. Feldhaus Memorial Chapel is handling arrangements.
Darlene Watson Kindred (10/19/20)Darlene Watson Kindred, 86, of Shelbyville died Thursday, October 15, 2020. Funeral services will be 12:30 p.m. Saturday, October 24, 2020, at Shelbyville First Church of the Nazarene. Reverend Ron...
David Stewart Hannon (10/19/20)David Stewart Hannon, 60, of Shelbyville died Friday, October 9, 2020. No services will be scheduled. Feldhaus Memorial Chapel is handling arrangements.
Mary Frances Drake (10/19/20)Mary Frances Drake of Homeland, California died August 28, 2020. She was from Shelbyville. Private services were held in California.
Public NoticesPUBLIC NOTICE The following vehicle will be sold on October 30, 2020 at 8am., 2686 Hwy 41A North., Shelbyville, TN 37160 to satisfy towing and storage charges. 2009 Nissan Altima VIN# 1N4AL21E69C120839 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee VIN# 1J8HR58218C246926 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 VIN# 1D7HU18D44S527172 (October 20, 2020)
Public NoticesBedford County Road Board Monthly Meeting November 2, 2020 4:30 P.M. SHOP OFFICE, 328 DOVER ST. , SHELBYVILLE, TN AGENDA 1. Call Meeting to Order 2. Approve minutes of October 5, 2020 3. Old Business 4. New Business: 5. Other Business 6. Announcements 7. Adjournment (October 20, 2020)
Garage SalesYard Sale 559 Knight Campground Rd. Fri 9am-4pm & Sat 9am-2pm
Garage SalesIndoor Garage Sale 209 Idle Dr. Fri & Sat 7am-?