Headed for hillsA group of deer head for the hills this week in a field north of Bell Buckle.
City proposes Chamber audit for 2017-2020There are likely few things as stressful during tax season than a dreaded and long, drawn-out audit, especially for a non profit agency. Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce’s auditors...
- First Christian Church welcomes new minister (1/16/21)
- Faith communities have role in fighting COVID-19 (1/16/21)
- How to book a vaccination (1/16/21)
- What happens after the COVID-19 vaccine? (1/16/21)
- Big Event Gas Give-a-way winners (1/16/21)
- Auto burglary suspect caught in act (1/16/21)
- Motlow plans return to campus in fall 2021 (1/16/21)
- East Depot birds can be shooed or shot (1/14/21)
- COVID shots can now be booked (1/14/21)
- No answers on Flat Creek beer (1/14/21)
- Eaglettes rain 3's on Lawrence Co. in upset victoryIn a game where the two teams combined to make 19 three-pointers, Shelbyville Central’s Golden Eaglettes cruised by Lawrence County 60-50 in a District 8-AAA matchup at Rick Insell Gymnasium on Thursday night. The Lady Wildcats netted 10 3-pointers while the Eaglettes canned nine...
- Eagles slip in 3rd vs. 'Cats (1/16/21)
- Eagles down Mt. Pleasant with huge 2nd quarter (1/14/21)
- Eaglettes too much for Mt. Pleasant (1/14/21)
- Champs unload on Cornersville for 2nd 8-A win (1/14/21)
- Fourth quarter costly for Vikes (1/14/21)
- Viqueens ride fourth quarter to win (1/14/21)
- Lady Champs outlast Cornersville for district win (1/14/21)
- Third quarter dooms Patriots (1/14/21)
Change is here to stay (1/16/21)Several years ago there was a TV commercial that I really enjoyed. I would sit in my recliner in front of my TV with a smile on my face every time it came on. There was a little boy sitting all by...
It's time to talk turkey (1/16/21)Wait . . . Thanksgiving and Christmas are history, right? So then what’s all this ongoing turkey talk about? A low fat source of protein, the bird isn’t just showing up on the Thanksgiving table...
‘Suga’ in the cornbread? That’s downright scandalous! (1/16/21)Who put sugar in the cornbread? That’s a phrase which during my childhood which would generally conjure up something kind of scandalous in both my grandmothers’ kitchens. So do you put sugar in your...
Bedford County residents earn academic honors (1/16/21)Taylor Overcast of Shelbyville was one of 412 students named to the fall semester dean’s list at Union University in Jackson. The Dean's List includes full-time students who achieve a 3.5 grade point...
Virtual Take Charge of Your Diabetes program offered (1/16/21)A free six week program, offered on-line through Zoom, is aimed at helping people with diabetes learn to manage their disease and improve their health. Some of the topics covered include nutrition,...
Snow day or work day winter meals (1/16/21)Hopefully, most everyone is well aware that their dinner plate should be well proportioned with green vegetables, especially during cold and flu season. We still admit there are evenings when we...
An act of kindness by a beautiful lady (1/13/21)To the editor, Monday I went grocery shopping and after I put my groceries in the car I took my shopping cart and put it in the cart return. I left my purse in the cart. When I got home and emptied...
We, as Americans, need to work together (1/12/21)To the editor, Our country has reached a pinnacle of violence the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Civil War era. It is the mostly pro-Trump supporters this time who were the violent mobs...
Kelly Ray Volner (1/17/21)Funeral services for Kelly Ray Volner, age 84, of Shelbyville, will be held 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 19, 2021, in the chapel of Doak-Howell Funeral Home with Pastor Bobby McGee officiating. Burial...
John W. Simpson (1/17/21)John W. Simpson, 84, of Wartrace went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on January 16, 2021 surrounded by his loving family. Graveside services will be held 2 p.m. Tuesday, January 19th...
Clara Janis Redd May (1/17/21)Clara Janis Redd May, 89, of Shelbyville died January 17, 2021. Private family services will be held at Hillcrest Funeral Home and Cemetery.
Louise Anderton (1/17/21)Louise Anderton, 71, of Shelbyville died Saturday, January 16, 2021. Memorial services will be held 3:00 P.M. Saturday, January 23rd at Hillcrest Funeral Home. Visitation will begin at 1:00 P.M....
Yvonne Cook ‘Cookie’ Adcock (1/17/21)Yvonne Cook “Cookie” Adcock, age 83, of Shelbyville, passed from this life early Saturday morning, January 16, 2021, at Vanderbilt-Bedford Hospital. A private graveside service will take place at...
Grace Powell Majors (1/15/21)Mrs. Grace Powell Majors, 87, of Shelbyville, passed away Friday, January 15, 2021, at home under the loving care of her son and Hospice Compassus. Due to the pandemic, a memorial service will be...
Help WantedPUBLIC NOTICE The City of Shelbyville is accepting applications for the position of part-time (seasonal) Batting Cage Attendant for the Parks and Recreation Dept. Valid Tennessee driver’s license required. Must be at least 16 years old to apply. Applications and a copy of the job description may be picked up at City Hall during normal business hours or download from the City website: www.shelbyvilletn.org. Applications and job descriptions must be returned to City Hall Administration Office,...
Bargains(13) iphone 11, 6.1 cases, $60, 931-808-4460
ServicesHandyman looking for odd jobs-carpentry,electrical, plumbing & lawn mower repair 931-205-3446
Auto2005 Toyota Avalon XLS all leather, remote start great condition, $3,800, 931-205-7757