School maintenance director, staff aim to save dollarsWhile Bedford County students enjoy a mini fall break through Monday, the maintenance department will be working to save taxpayer dollars. “We like to say we’re the mortar between the bricks,” Daniel...
United Way campaign beginsUnited Way campaign opens Employees of Newell Corp. who participated in the United Way of Bedford County "Day of Caring" on Thursday pose before the luncheon. Newell employees from the distribution...
- Two killed in Bedford County accidents
- Cool day likely Sunday (10/21/18)
- Police find pot in home (10/21/18)
- Camelot comes to the rescue of foster children (10/19/18)
- Suspect allegedly fires toward ex-girlfriend (10/19/18)
- Man charged with soliciting teens online (10/18/18)
- Entries sought for Veterans Day Parade (10/18/18)
- Building codes proposal gains committee nod (10/18/18)
- Town & Country Garden Club (10/18/18)
- Good Citizen Award (10/18/18)
- Eagles denied region title as Page wins in OTFRANKLIN – It was a hard-fought battle between the two top teams in Region 5 5-A with the championship on the line. After playing to a 17-17 tie at the end of regulation, Page kicked a field goal in overtime to edge Shelbyville Central 20-17 Friday night...
- First-half deficit dooms Vikings (10/21/18)
- Champs struggle in loss (10/21/18)
- Shelbyville, Page clash with 5 5-A championship on line (10/19/18)
- Middle Champs suffer 1st loss (10/19/18)
- Cascade shocked in region finals (10/19/18)
- Champs ready to win again (10/18/18)
- Vikings hope to end skid, finish strong (10/18/18)
- Lady Champions charge into region soccer finals (10/17/18)
Mixup solved, after a floral mystery (10/21/18)I returned to the office from a routine lunch break last Monday and was intrigued right away as I walked toward my desk, noticing something from a distance that looked like it might be a balloon....
Be true to your school: Community alumni plan annual gathering (10/21/18)During the winter of 1963-1964, there was tremendous snowfall in Unionville. The snow was so heavy that its weight on the little barn-like gymnasium at Community School was permanently damaged. The...
'A pretty soul': Woman's Club looks at fall fashion (10/21/18)"Nature-inspired colors," "beautiful details" and "elegant comfort" were descriptive words used by local clothier Jennifer Jordan Thompson, emcee for Shelbyville Woman's Club's recent fashion show...
Suffer the little children (10/21/18)A number of years ago, I overheard a conversation in the pews at church. It was Sunday morning and a young girl asked her mother if she could sit with her friend during the worship service. I heard...
Hello World: Maisyn Elizabeth Lester (10/21/18)Travis and Kelly Green Lester of Shelbyville announce the birth of a daughter, Maisyn Elizabeth Lester, Sept. 17 at Tennova Healthcare-Harton in Tullahoma. She weighed 6 pounds, 5.6 ounces and is a...
Patrick, Pilkington are wed (10/21/18)Julie Breanne Patrick of Shelbyville and Jason Travis Pilkington of Shelbyville were married in an evening ceremoney Sept. 2 at Sacred Stone in Fayetteville. Willie Brown of The Loft Church, assisted...
Brinkley, Upchurch are united in marriage (10/21/18)Ciara Lirene Brinkley and Corey Reese Upchurch, both of Shelbyville, were married Sept. 23 in Tullahoma. The Rev. Jay Pope conducted the double-ring ceremony before a large company of guests. The...
Ray, Tapley to be wed (10/14/18)Randy and Mary Ray of Bell Buckle announce the engagement of their daughter, Luci Ray of Bell Buckle, to Carson Tapley of Shelbyville. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Judy Ray of Unionville,...
Phillips backs small farms (10/17/18)To the Editor: Small farms need a voice in Washington. Scott DesJarlais sits on the House Agriculture Committee which tried and failed to pass a version of the farm bill that would slash programs...
When will they come for you? (10/14/18)To the editor: To paraphrase Martin Niemoller, a German Lutheran pastor who spoke out against Hitler and was thrown into a concentration camp; first, they came for the poor, and I did not vote,...
Your local newspaper: You can depend on us (10/7/18)Beyond the noise of the Beltway and the daily vilification of national media outlets, are community newspapers serving cities, counties and regions throughout the U.S. Your local newspaper is far...
Awareness can defeat domestic violence (10/7/18)Domestic violence looks like a private problem, but nothing could be further from the truth. Any time a member of our community suffers at the hands of another, everyone suffers. Domestic violence is...
Mary Ellis Scudder (10/22/18)Mary Ellis Scudder, 93, of Orlando, Florida died Sunday, October 14, 2018 at Select Specialty hospital in Orlando, Florida. Graveside services 2 p.m. Wednesday, October 24 at Willow Mount Cemetery,...
C.J. Lamb (10/22/18)C.J. Lamb, 86, of Shelbyville, died early Sunday morning, October 21, 2018, at his home. Funeral services 11 a.m. Wednesday at Victory Baptist Church, Jim Tedder officiating. Burial in Smotherman...
Sadred Eduardo Mora Averdano (10/20/18)Sadred Eduardo Mora Averdano, 11, of Shelbyville died Thursday, October 18, 2018, at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. Funeral Mass was Saturday, October 20, 2018, at St. William Catholic Church....
Veita Jo Hampton (10/18/18)Veita Jo Hampton, 79, of St. Charles, Missouri, formerly of Shelbyville, died Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Memorial service 11 a.m. Saturday, October 20 at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church.
JoAnn Smith (10/17/18)JoAnn Smith, 82, died Friday, October 12, 2018. Funeral services 1 p.m. Friday, October 19 at Bird Street Church of Christ. Interment at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens. Visitation begins at 12 noon at...
Charlene B. Clanton (10/16/18)Charlene B. Clanton, 89, of Shelbyville died Monday, October 15, 2018. Funeral services 1 p.m. Friday at Hillcrest Funeral Home, Rev. Ron DeWitt officiating. Burial at Short Cemetery-Spring Place in...
BargainsFUTON with 4 pillows, beige color, very good condition, $75. 492-1181
BargainsDRESSER, antique, solid cherry, $75. 931-684-8076
BargainsCHEST OF DRAWERS, antique, solid cherry, $100. 931-684-8076
BargainsGE WASHER, white, works good, clean. $150. Call 931-703-2231
- Over 7K-strong, migrant caravan pushes on; still far from US
- Trump escalates immigration rhetoric at rally to boost Cruz
- Trump blasts caravan, says he's cutting Central American aid
- $1.6B Mega Millions prize due to simple math, some surprises
- Category 4 Hurricane Willa threatens Mexico's Pacific coast