A family again: Siblings reunited after DNA tests' revelationJoe Adamson was born one of 12 children in Michigan. But when he was only 5, his parents gave him and his brother Bill up for adoption. Joe and his wife, Debra, moved to Shelbyville 18 years ago,...
Wonder dogHaylee Amerman and Diesel the Wonder Dog show off some tricks recently to students at Community Elementary School. (Submitted photo)
- Threats made at 2 schools
- Interact winners
- Shoplifter steals whiskey
- Historical Society hears about Mt. Hermon
- Nominate mom for mother of the year
- Vendors sought for postcard show
- Baseball team visits Optimists
- Calsonic counteroffer ready (3/21/18)
- Driving home a point: Cadillac 'buried' to promote kidney donation (3/21/18)
- Portables are threat, security expert insists (3/21/18)
- Champs claim win at Huntland
- Patient Vikings take back lead (3/21/18)
- BATTLE FOR THE BALL (3/21/18)
- Garcia’s hat trick sparks Eagle win (3/21/18)
- Non-district foes stop Eagles (3/20/18)
- Eagle soccer bounces back against Marshall County (3/18/18)
- Viqueens sign with Columbia State (3/18/18)
- Vikings outhit Champs, take first victory (3/18/18)
Destinations & Diversions: Spring dance, Trainers Show highlight weekend funThe Spring Fling Dance will be held Saturday from 7-11 p.m. at The Fly Arts Center on South Main Street. The Borderline Band will perform. Tickets will be $10 at the door, and the event is BYOB....
Titan Transfer drivers go 1 million miles safely (3/21/18)Titan Transfer Inc. of Shelbyville announces the addition of six of its drivers to its prestigious One-Million Safe Miles Driver group. The announcement was made at the company's annual Safety...
Planting a seed (3/18/18)David Brown had a calling 17 years ago: Plant a church in the growing city of Murfreesboro. After one attempt didn't work, Shelbyville Mills Baptist Church has started another church plant in...
Poster contest (3/18/18)Bedford County Farm Bureau Women conducted a poster contest recently for fourth-grade students across the state. The theme was "Farm to Fork." Pictured are the first, second and third place winners....
Don't demean animal control officers (3/18/18)(Editor’s note: The following letter is a response to comments made by county commissioners at a meeting on March 13. At the meeting, where salaries were discussed, Commissioner Jimmy Woodson said...
In support of teachers with guns (3/9/18)To the Editor: I almost never write letters to the Editor, but your 3-7-18 article entitled: “Arming teachers isn’t best for schools: Police” has ‘pushed my buttons.’ Of the four police officers...
Tennessee’s roads, infrastructure: A problem shared across the state (3/18/18)Though we often complain about our government, we count on it every day, in large ways and small. An example of a small way … potholes. Which don’t seem like a small issue after they cause your...
Promoting life sciences in Tennessee (3/18/18)“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” — Theodore Roosevelt...
Shelter Pet of the Week
- BonnieIf you have an active lifestyle and want a dog to be by your side, Bonnie is the gal for you, the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association says. She is a very sweet and affectionate retriever mix adult dog with a beautiful black/brown and silver mixture accented by white on the chest, nose and feet....
- ShelbyThe Bedford County Animal Control Pet of the Week is Shelby. She is a 2 year old Terrier mix, current on all vaccinations, microchipped, spayed and Heartworm Negative. BCAC is running an adoption special for the month of March; all adoptions for dogs and cats will be $25.
Hilda Crick (3/21/18)Hilda Crick, 88, of Jacksonville, Florida, formerly of the Verona community of Marshall County, died Monday, March 19, 2018 in Jacksonville. Funeral services 11 a.m. Friday at Lawrence Funeral Home,...
Maxine Latham Brantley (3/21/18)Maxine Latham Brantley, 91, of Shelbyville died Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Funeral services 2 p.m. Saturday at Hillcrest Funeral Home, Rev. Scotty Sorrells officiating. Burial at Hillcrest...
Shelia Ann Maupin (3/21/18)Shelia Ann Maupin, 59, of Shelbyville died Tuesday, March 20, 2018, at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Funeral services 12 noon Saturday at Bright Temple Church of God in Christ, Rev. Carl...
Virginia Metcalf (3/20/18)Virginia Louise 'Ginger' Metcalf, 51, of Shelbyville died Monday, March 19, 2018. Funeral services 3 p.m. Thursday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home, Jeff Rasnick officiating. Burial in Willow Mount...
Harold Arnold (3/20/18)Harold Arnold, 89, of Shelbyville died Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Funeral services 1 p.m. Thursday at Feldhaus Memorial Chapel. Burial in Horse Mountain Cemetery. Visitation begins at 11 a.m.
Darryl Ann Caldwell (3/20/18)Darryl Ann Caldwell, 56, died Tuesday, March 13, 2018, in Shelbyville. A memorial service will be 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 24 at Woodfork AME Church. Visitation begins at 11 a.m. Feldhaus...
Public NoticesNOTICE OF FORECLOSURE SALE WHEREAS, Benjamin Alan Greer and wife Regina Spring Greer, by Deed of Trust (the “Deed of Trust) dated March 4, 2016, of record in Trust Deed Book 852, Page 86, Register’s Office for Bedford County, Tennessee, conveyed to Access Title & Escrow, Inc., Trustee, the hereinafter described real property to secure the payment of a certain Promissory Note (the “Note”) described in the Deed of Trust, which Note was payable to Mitch Calabrese; WHEREAS, Said Access Title &...
Real EstateFor Sale By Owner 106 Raleigh Place Shelbyville, TN OPEN HOUSE SUNDAY, MARCH 25TH 1-5PM MOVIE-IN READY 3 BR, 2BA single family home, built in 2008 in Union Station Subdivision on 41A. All brick, 1534 SF with 2 car garage. Quartz counters and stainless steel appliances in kitchen. All window treatments, kitchen appliances and washer/dryer included. A beautifully landscaped, well maintained home in a great neighborhood. Priced at $189,900. Shown by appointment 615-491-8094
ServicesPARSONS' EXCAVATION ROCK,TOP SOIL, LAWN & DRIVEWAY REPAIR 703-3195
Public NoticesPUBLIC NOTICE Notice to Owner and/or Lien Holder of Abandoned or Unclaimed Vehicles The following vehicle will be sold on April 5, 2018 at 8:00 am at Ray's Paint & Body, 114 Prince St., Shelbyville, TN 37160 to satisfy towing & storage charges if not claimed within 15 days of this notice: 2005 Nissan Altima Vin# 1N4AL11D15C191619 2006 Ford Ranger Vin# 1FTCR10A3VUC64394 (March 22, 2018)
Latest State & Nation News