- Yockey seeks re-election to county commission
- Rains return to area
- Taser stops DUI suspect after house struck
- County can afford to fund raises (5/18/18)
- Volunteers sought for energy project (5/18/18)
- Proposed horse-related farm bill amendments die (5/18/18)
- Graduation Day arrives (5/18/18)
- Large haul of items taken from home (5/18/18)
- Author speaks to Arts Council (5/18/18)
- Learning Way grads return (5/18/18)
- Cascade crushes South Pittsburg, advances to 1st state tournamentTwo years ago, the Cascade Lady Champions just missed out on a trip to the Class 2A state tournament after falling short to White House Heritage in an epic 12-inning pitchers duel. On Friday night, Cascade (23-8-1) was able to put that demon to bed and advance to the Class A state tournament with an 11-0 blowout win over South Pittsburg (8-12) in the state sectional meeting...
- Lady Champions advance with win in region title game (5/19/18)
- Eaglette standout accepts Freed-Hardeman offer (5/18/18)
- Cascade baseball coach steps down after 10-year run (5/17/18)
- BREAKING: Cascade defeats Moore County for Region 4-A softball tournament championship (5/15/18)
- Champs’ season ends in region (5/15/18)
- Headed to state (5/15/18)
- Martin Methodist signs Viqueen softball star (5/13/18)
- Spring means scrimmages (5/13/18)
A legacy of production: Two Bedford County farms added to Century Farms listTwo historic Bedford County family farms are now part of the Tennessee Century Farms Program, administered by the Center for Historic Preservation at Middle Tennessee State University, and are being...
Class of 1958 celebrates reunionSixty years ago, 118 students, the CHS class of 1958, graduated from Shelbyville Central High School and began new adventures that would take us to all parts of the world. A few married classmates,...
Special thoughts for momsAfter sending in my column last week I wanted to kick myself as I wasn't thinking ahead, and if I had been, I would have realized the Sunday coming up was Mother's Day. Once the actual day came,...
Books bring the frontier aliveI am reading, (well, in truth listening to) a terribly interesting book. I am not sure if I would have enjoyed reading with my eyes as much because of the copious amount of detail in the narrative,...
Anniversary noted (5/18/18)Deacon Samuel and Malinda Oates celebrated 70 years of marriage on May 8. Although no special observance was held, their church family at Thompson Grove Missionary Baptist Church sent good wishes....
Williams, Sutton plan nuptials (5/13/18)Cameron Williams of Shelbyville and Trent Sutton of Wartrace have announced their engagement. The bride-elect is the daughter of Shannon and Duane Clark and Brent and Wendy Williams, all of...
Harwell, Calderwood to be wed (5/13/18)Tim and Kathy Harwell of Shelbyville announce the engagement of their daughter, Arin, to Franklin Calderwood of Tullahoma. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Gus and Sue Harwell and Marilyn...
Garland, Lokey announce engagement (5/13/18)James Lee and Barbara Garland of Shelbyville announce the engagement of their daughter, Ginger Kay Garland, to Brian Christopher Lokey of Bell Buckle. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late...
Senior Center support appreciated (5/17/18)To the Editor: On behalf of the members and the Board of Directors of the Senior Citizens Center, I want to thank everybody for their support of our spaghetti dinner and auction fundraiser. The...
Farm Bureau supports reps who support farmers (5/15/18)To the editor: Bedford County Farm Bureau supports the “iFarm iVote” campaign and encourages farmers and rural property owners to show they care about our freedom by registering to vote, showing up...
Legislature adjourns for the year (4/29/18)Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up...
Adult scholarships prove popular (4/22/18)“Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.”...
Shelter Pet of the Week
- CloverJames Jennings, an Ambassador Club member at Learning Way, presents a bag full of tennis balls to Humane Association shelter manager Jane DeAtley. On hand to lend a paw with the Jenning’s family donation is Clover, who is ready for a new home. For more information about adopting Clover or another dog in need of a home, call the Humane Association at 931-684-5463.
Dr. T. Randall Curlee (5/20/18)Dr. T. Randall Curlee, 63, of Shelbyville and Knoxville, died on May 5, 2018 after a long struggle with Multiple System Atrophy (MSA), a rare degenerative brain disease. His remains were cremated...
Joey Lee Davis (5/18/18)Joey Lee Davis, 55, died Thursday, May 17, 2018, at St. Thomas West in Nashville. Funeral services 4 p.m. Sunday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home, Brother Mike Hannah officiating. Visitation begins at 1...
Larry D. Nelson (5/17/18)Larry D. Nelson, 67, of Shelbyville died Wednesday, May 16, 2018 Funeral services 5 p.m. Saturday at Scales and Sons Funeral Home, Murfreesboro. Visitation begins at 4 p.m.
Brent Allen Riddle (5/16/18)Brent Allen Riddle, 65, of Wartrace died suddenly Tuesday at Vanderbilt Medical Center. Celebaration of Life service 7 p.m. Friday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home, Adam Bates officiating and Joe Peters...
Donald Melvin Hatcher (5/16/18)Donald Melvin Hatcher, 79, of New Town in Rutherford County, died Monday, May 14, 2018 in Madison. Funeral services 1 p.m. Saturday at Lawrence Funeral Home, Chapel Hill, Bro. Shane Merritt and Bro....
Tyler Wade Paul (5/15/18)Tyler Wade Paul, 24, of Nashville died Sunday, May 13, 2018. Funeral services 3 p.m. Saturday at Hillcrest Funeral Home, Jeff Faulk officiating. Burial at Pressgrove Cemetery. Visitation begins at...
BargainsTABLE, 53" round glass top, bronze metal base, 4 chairs, with two matching bar chairs, paid over $1500, asking $475. 615-604-2162
Help WantedNOTICE The City of Lewisburg is accepting applications for a Domestic Violence Investigator through June 8, 2018. Applicant will be subject to a background check, must be a certified police officer in TN, or be able to complete a TN POST Transition course if certified in another state, 5 years’ experience as a certified officer is preferred. Experience working with victims of Domestic Violence in a law enforcement setting. Previous experience as a criminal investigator ...
BargainsCANNING JARS, clean, c $4. for a dozen. 931-205-4598
Public NoticesPublic Notice Notice to Owner and/ or Lien holder. The following vehicles will be sold at Daniel's Auto Clinic, 649 C Deery St. Shelbyville, TN 37160. On May 30, 2018 at 9:00 A.M. for storage & repairs. 1934 Ford Coach Vin# 181513595 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Vin# 1C6RR7TM8FS665737 1937 Ford Roadster Vin# 34537 (May 20, 2018)