City’s goal: More pet adoptionsOne of Shelbyville Animal Control’s most ambitious New Year’s resolutions is to double its monthly adoption rate in 2018. Hosting special adoption events on Saturdays is one way animal control...
Freezes likely over, but frost remains a threatThe threat of freezing temperature should be over for the season but we could have one or two more chances of frost into early or mid May, sometimes that happens. High temperatures will be in the 60s...
- Sumner County escapee captured in Shelbyville (4/22/18)
- Cascade band awards (4/22/18)
- Nursing home ranks at bottom (4/20/18)
- Federal lawsuit enters settlement phase (4/20/18)
- T-G adds new staff reporter (4/20/18)
- TWH museum earns honors (4/20/18)
- Charles Gavin honored by Auburn alumni group (4/20/18)
- Plate theft suspect arrested after chase (4/20/18)
- Cascade Middle School students in science fair (4/20/18)
- Nearly 700 early vote in primaries so far (4/19/18)
- Injury mars Eagles' Game 1 email@example.com A victory celebration for the Shelbyville Golden Eagles in Friday’s first game was slightly overshadowed by a disappointing setback in the second game of a doubleheader with visiting defending Class A state champion Loretto. The Eagles scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning to claim an 11-10 win in the opening game before the second game was suspended after an incident where a Shelbyville Central batter was hit in the mouth from a ball thrown by a Loretto pitcher.. ...
- Champs follow orders and good things result (4/22/18)
- Vikings come from behind to win (4/22/18)
- Home run boosts Lady Champions (4/22/18)
- Small ball works in Vikes’ win (4/20/18)
- Champs notch 2nd straight win (4/20/18)
- Lady Champs blast Huntland (4/20/18)
- Champs lock down 6-A lead (4/20/18)
- Eagles fall in non-district tilt (4/20/18)
Meet Bedford County's new archivist (4/22/18)Bedford County has a new archivist. Anna Frazier, who is originally from McMinnville and currently living in Nashville, took the reins on Feb. 26. Two years ago, Anna and her husband, Rick, were...
Necco? Or No-Go? Loved and hated candy is at risk (4/22/18)Ever since I was a child at Halloween, my least-favorite candy has been Necco wafers. They're a very traditional candy, I will grant you, with a long history, dating back to 1847. At the time,...
Carefully asking questions (4/22/18)I've been checking out a couple podcasts each night before bed. Last night I listened to a program that featured Katie Couric as the guest. I love Katie and it was a nice way to close the day. I've...
EXTRA: Librarian finds romance (novels)! (4/22/18)I was laid up for a couple of days recently and spent a fair amount of time in front of the television set being a couch potato. Larry had a good time ribbing me about my penchant for watching the...
Richardson, Wilson to wed (4/22/18)Jean and Jimmy Richardson announce the engagement of their daughter, Riley Richardson of Murfreesboro, to Ross Wilson of Murfreesboro. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Tony and Barbara...
Hello World: Bentlee Edwin Baum (4/8/18)Brittany and Jacob Baum of Shelbyville announce the birth of a son, Bentlee Edwin Baum, Feb. 26 at Williamson Medical Center in Franklin. He weighed 8 pounds. Grandparents are Troy and Cindy Smith,...
Lovvorn, Joyce plan nuptials (4/1/18)Dennis and Andrea Lovvorn of Shelbyville announce the engagement of their daughter, Rebekah, to Hunter Joyce of Shelbyville. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mary Lovvorn Hix of Shelbyville;...
Wilhelm, Farris to be wed (4/1/18)Johnny Wilhelm of Petersburg and Donna Wilhelm of Shelbyville announce the engagement of their daughter, Jessica, to Jamie Farris of Shelbyville. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Charles A....
Stop harassing our teachers (4/22/18)To the Editor, This letter is in response to Brooke Sanders and Linda Clanton who wrote to complain about being blocked from Facebook and having comments deleted by the Bedford County Education...
Blocking comments not appreciated (4/13/18)To the editor: This is reference to Brooke Sanders letter to the editor and Bedford County Board of Association Facebook page. I was also blocked from their page. My question on their Facebook page...
Adult scholarships prove popular (4/22/18)“Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.”...
How state legislators sponsor, move a bill (4/15/18)“Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton I want to let all of you know how it works at the...
Shelter Pet of the Week
- GretelGretel is an easygoing tabby. She’s very sweet and loving. She gets along great with other cats. She doesn’t even mind the young kittens with lots of energy. She is fine with dogs and is a very sweet gal. Gretel is abut 8 years old, Feline Leukemia/AIDS negative and would love to have a forever home to call her own. To find out more about Gretel, call Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association at 931-684-KIND or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application, go to shelbyvillebedfordhumane.org. (Submitted photo)
William Larry Hardison Sr. (4/21/18)William Larry Hardison Sr. (Poop Doop), 74, of Shelbyville died Friday, April 20, 2018 at his home. Celebration of Life service 6 p.m. Tuesday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home, Jon Brock officiating....
Clarence Donald Fanning (4/21/18)Clarence Donald Fanning, 76, of Murfreesboro died Saturday, April 21, 2018. Funeral services 11:00 a.m. Tuesday at Feldhaus Memorial Chapel. Burial at Willow Mount Cemetery. Visitation 4-8 p.m....
Esther Floyd LaFarlett (4/21/18)Esther Floyd LaFarlett, 82, of Wartrace died Friday, April 20, 2018. Funeral services 4 p.m. Sunday at Hillcrest Funeral Home, Rev. Jimmy Gray officiating. Burial at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens....
Helen Marie Estes (4/21/18)Helen Marie Estes, 68, of Shelbyville died Friday, April 20, 2018. There will be no services. Arrangements: Feldhaus Memorial Chapel.
Susan Renee Winnette Harris (4/20/18)Susan Renee Winnette Harris, 56, of Shelbyville died Thursday, April 19, 2018. Funeral services 3 p.m. Sunday at Feldhaus Memorial Chapel, Jeff Rasnick officiating. Burial at Old Orchard Cemetery,...
Thomas J. Yancy (4/19/18)Thomas Joyce Yancy, 87, of Shelbyville died Wednesday, April 18, 2018 after an extended illness. Funeral services 11 a.m. Monday at Doak-Howell Funeral Home, Rev. Drew Hayes officiating. Burial in...
For SaleMotorized Wheelchair and car rack, like new, used only 3 times. $2700. Call Sherry 931-224-5546
BargainsVACUUM, Hoover Quest Robot, Wi-Fi capable. $175. Works, used twice Text 931-212-5625
ServicesCHRIS GERMAN CONTRACTING Painting, Pressure Washing 931-450-2484
BargainsGUN, Bailkal double barrel 410. Like new. $500 931-205-4723