Expensive farm equipment has been recovered and a suspect jailed after an investigation by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives and deputies were able to recover tractors, fourwheelers and a tractor allegedly taken from Bedford County farmland by Douglas Bowen, 19, of West Jackson Street, said Detective Lt. John Sweeney.
James Farrar of Shelbyville notified the BCSO he’d found two four-wheelers belonging to him on Christiana-Fosterville Road in Rutherford County.
The four-wheelers had been taken from a shed on his property near Shelbyville a few days earlier, Detective Lt. John Sweeney said.
Deputies recovered a tractor/ front loader stolen from a barn on Trott Road and a cattle trailer taken in Warren County at a nearby residence, Sweeney said.
Bowen is charged with two counts of theft of property with a $35,000 bond set, according to Bedford County Jail records.
A man being sought by police for drug possession was arrested after being spotted by an officer Monday afternoon driving on South Cannon Boulevard.
Kevin Michael Garner, 49, of South Cannon Boulevard was already wanted for possession of a schedule VI drug and paraphernalia and driving on a revoked license, Sgt. Michael Taylor’s report said.
A small box containing one Naloxone pill and one Alprazolam pill was found in the car along with two glass pipes with substance residue on them, Taylor said.
Charges of simple possession of schedule II and III drugs and additional counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and driving on a revoked license were added.
Garner posted $11,000 bond.
- Several items have been reported missing from a storage unit on East Lane Street. Tools, clothing, cooking utensils and a pressure washer were taken between 7:30 p.m. Sunday and midday Monday, according to police. A man who has a key to the unit was named as a suspect.
- Prescription medication was stolen between 8 p.m. Sunday-3 a.m. Monday from a room at Shelbyville Inn, North Cannon Boulevard, police said. Suspects who may have had a room key were named.
The following were charged since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office. Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only charged; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Jason Graham Barber, 31, Center Street, Normandy; violation of probation, evading arrest, driving on suspended license (two counts), possession of stolen property, resisting arrest; held, $27,500 bond
- David Bryan Bond Jr., 30, Tullahoma; driving on suspended license; released, no bond
- Douglas Bowen, 19, West Jackson Street; theft of property over $10,000, theft of property over $2,500; held, $35,000 bond
- Jose Azael Enrique Calva, 35, Murfreesboro; probation revocation, probation revocation amendment; held, $10,000 bond
- Bradley Wayne Carter, 40, Methvin Drive; violation of probation; released, $1,000 bond
- Ryan Jordan Cole, 40, SouthBrittainStreet; no insurance, simple possession; released on recognizance •Philip Daniel Coleman, 37, Germantown Road; violation of probation, failure to appear, bench warrant; held, $5,000 bond
- Jazmine Leann Corrigan, 19, Tullahoma; failure to appear, bench warrant; held, $500 bond
- Kevin Michael Garner, 49, South Cannon Boulevard; possession of drug paraphernalia (two counts), driving on revoked license (two counts), possession of schedule II drug for resale, simple possession of schedule III drug, simple possession of schedule VI drug; released, $11,000 bond
- Joseph Lee Green, 23, Manchester; held on unspecified charges for Franklin County
- GasparPaliosHernandez, 21, unknown address; public intoxication; summons issued
- James Anthony Holloway, 35, Shadrick Street; possession of schedule VI drug with intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia; held, $4,000 bond
- Daylin Edwin Meeks, 20, Sunlite Road; violation of probation; released, $500 bond
- Elizabeth Meeks, 43, Belmont Avenue; failure to exercise due care, no driver’s license; released, no bond
- Michael Shawn Meyers, 34, South Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault; held, $1,500 bond
- Somer Hiilani Meyers, 41, South Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault; held, $1,500 bond
- Jonathan Dwayne Prater, 29, U.S. 41A North; aggravated domestic assault; held, $7,500 bond
- Ernesto Saban Cruz, 18, Smyrna; DUI, no driver’s license; released, $3.500 bond
- Shay Sullivan Sears, 26, Webb Road West, Bell Buckle; violation of probation; released, $250 bond
- Anthony Ivan Villanueva, 22, Old Pencil Mill Road; DUI (second offense), driving on revoked license, simple possession of schedule VI drug, light law violation (no headlights); released, $5,500 bond